Barcelona Airport has two different types of information service - airport information and tourist information. This page will give details of both types of information service. The tourist information service can be distinguished from the airport information service because they display the logo for Catalan Tourism above them.
Location of the Aena Airport Information Stands
- T2B, next to the check in area.
- Between M2 - M3
Unfortunately, there are no direct telephone numbers for Airport Information (called Aena). You can call an information line that deals with all of the airports in Spain.
Tel: 90 240 4704 (Spain)
Tel: +34 91 321 1000 (International)
This page provides details of what is available from the two tourist information services at Barcelona Airport T1 and T2 plus where to find them, contact details and opening hours.
On arrival at the airport it is worth heading straight to the tourist information desks for help on how to get your destination or ideas on what to do when you arrive. They offer information regarding the whole of Catalunya, rather than simply Barcelona. Each desk accommodates at least three multi-lingual staff, ensuring that queues for information never get excessively long.
Tourist information stands at the airport provide information on the whole of the area of Catalunya. They will also be able to answer some basic airport questions, however, information specifically about the airport is the remit of the airport information desks.
Tourist Information can be provided on the following topics:
- Transport: timetable for the trains leaving from the airport, transfer details for all major area in Catalunya
- Maps: maps for both Barcelona and other areas of Catalunya are available
- Car Rental: a leaflet providing contact details for various car rental services in Barcelona city centre
- Hotels: they will help you to find a hotel to suit your needs in the Catalunya area.
- Foreign Embassies: tourist information have the contact details for all of the various national embassies in Barcelona and can contact them on your behalf.
- Tourist attractions: addresses, opening times, leaflets and advice on attractions in all of the major Catalan areas.
- Barcelona Card: If you have ordered your Barcelona Card online from Spainbookers.com then you can pick the card up from the Barcelona airport tourist information (in both T1 and T2) offices when you arrive in the airport.
Terminal 1: On Level 0 to the left hand side of the Arrivals gate.
Terminal 2B: At the front of the building towards the left if you are facing the terminal. Next to the large ARS cafeteria.
Operating Hours: 08:00 - 20:30 (the opening hours for Tourist Information are the same in both T1 and T2)
The information stands are open every day of the year, excluding 25 December and 01 January.
Tourist Office for the Regional Government of Catalonia
Aeropuerto de Barcelona
El Prat de Llobregat
08820 Barcelona, España
Tel: +34 93 378 8175
Tel: +34 93 378 8149
Barcelona Airport Tourist Information is a worthwhile service to use during your visit. Smaller and more personal than some of the tourist information centres in Barcelona, they can still offer the same information and advice. They will also do everything that they can to help you to plan your trip from the airport to your final destination in Catalunya. If you haven't managed to visit them whilst at the airport, call their direct number and they will answer any of your queries.
Credit To David P. REAL Of Barcelona Airport Tourist Information Office
|David P. REAL at Barcelona Airport Tourist Information Office|
We would like to say a personal thank you to David P. REAL of the Barcelona Airport Tourist Information office for his assistance in helping us update our information regarding the new Terminal 1.