Barcelona has some excellent antiques to offer but you need to know where to find them. This article will be referring to specific streets. To look up these streets you can use our AZ Barcelona Street map which you can find under the "Maps" section on the Navigation Bar. Here are some of the best places to start your antiques search.
1) There is a large boulevard that sells antiques on the Passeig de Gràcia , 55 in the Eixample area. Metro stop Passeig de Gràcia -(Green Line, L3). Official web site for this Boulevard:
2) If you are interested in antique records then it's worth walking down Carrer dels Tallers, a street just off the Ramblas, which has a number of specialist record shops.
3) There are a lot of small antique shops on Carrer de la Palla near the Cathedral and Museu del Calcat near Plaça Nova. The nearest metro stop to these streets is Liceu on the green line.
4) The other main street for antique shops is Carrer Consell de Cent in the Eixample area.
5) On Saturday mornings you'll find a flea market at Port Vell. The nearest metro stop is Drassanes on the green line. The flea market is near Colum - the monument to Christopher Columbus at the foot of the Ramblas.
6) The other flea market worth checking is held in the square outside the Barcelona Cathedral on Thursday mornings.
To find more specialist Antique shops I recommend asking the antique vendors that you'll meet in the venues above. They are in the antiques trade and will be more than likely to know of specialist shops that will have what you are looking for.