Latest update: 10 August 2022
This page covers COVID-19 measures at Barcelona Airport for departing flights and COVID-19 travel documentation needed to fly from Barcelona Airport to Singapore.
If you need a COVID test to fly from Barcelona to Singapore, we also give details of a COVID testing centre in Barcelona that issues COVID test certificates recognized by the Singapore government. We provide a link so that you can make an online appointment booking for your COVID test at this test centre so that you have all the right paperwork necessary to fly from Spain to Singapore.
In addition, you’ll also find links to the official websites for Singapore where you’ll be able to check the following:
- COVID-19 entry restrictions to Singapore from Barcelona, Spain
- COVID-19 travel documentation needed to enter Singapore from Barcelona, Spain
- COVID-19 test requirements to enter Singapore from Barcelona, Spain
- Whether there is a quarantine upon arrival to Singapore from Barcelona, Spain
- COVID-19 recommendations in Singapore for travellers to Singapore
- COVID-19 situation in Singapore
- COVID-19 travel requirements to enter Spain from Singapore
COVID-19 travel documentation and test requirements needed to fly to and enter Singapore from Barcelona, Spain
You can check the mandatory COVID-19 travel documentation and tests to enter Singapore from Barcelona on the following official websites:
You will see on the page given above that testing requirements differ depending on your vaccination status.
As stated on the travel advisories page of the Singapore Airlines website if you fill out the form to view the COVID requirements when flying from Spain to Singapore, if you need to get a pre-departure COVID test, your COVID test certificate must be issued by a laboratory certified with the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) or the Spanish Association for Standardization and Certification (AENOR).
If you need a COVID test to travel from Barcelona to Singapore: we strongly recommend that you get tested at a test centre that can provide a COVID test certificate in English and that is accredited with ISO 15189 because this standard is recognized by the Singaporean government. You will need the test centre to provide you with a copy of their ISO 15189 certificate. A general COVID testing centre may not be accredited with ISO 15189 or may not work with an accredited ISO 15189 laboratory. We therefore recommend you use the specific reservation button below which will enable you to reserve your PCR test or your Antigen Rapid Test if you need a COVID test to travel from Barcelona to Singapore. The laboratory of the test centre listed on this page is accredited with ISO 15189 for the analysis of your sample. You will receive a PCR test certificate or an antigen test certificate in English and an English certificate showing the laboratory that has issued your test certificate is an accredited ISO 15189 laboratory.
If, however, you still want to go to your own preferred test centre make absolutely certain first for confirm with them that they are ISO 15189 accredited and that they can provide a certificate in English of their ISO 15189 accreditation.
If you need to get a COVID test to fly from Barcelona to Singapore and decide to get tested at the test centre listed on this page, the steps you need to follow to get tested and get your COVID test certificate for Singapore together with the ISO 15189 accreditation certificate of the laboratory are the following:
1. Fill out the appointment request form for your COVID test that you'll find upon clicking on the booking button below. Make sure to check if both PCR and antigen rapid tests are accepted on your travel dates, as test requirements can change. If both tests are accepted, you can either get a PCR test or a antigen test. If only PCR tests are accepted, you will have to get a PCR test.
2. You'll receive a confirmation voucher to your email address with your appointment details, the test centre details and important information that you must read before getting tested. Make sure to check your SPAM or Junk folders as the confirmation voucher emails can be incorrectly filed in your SPAM or Junk folders.
3. You'll receive an email from the test centre to confirm your exact appointment time. Again, make sure to check your SPAM or Junk folders as the appointment confirmation email from the test centre can be incorrectly filed in your SPAM or Junk folders.
4. Go to the test centre at your confirmed appointment date and time.
5. Inform the reception staff that you're flying to Singapore and that you'll need a COVID test certificate valid for Singapore with the ISO 15189 accreditation certificate of the laboratory.
6. The reception staff will give you a printed ISO 15189 accreditation certificate of the laboratory and will also send it to your email address if you request it. You won't need to pay any supplement at the test centre to get the ISO 15189 accreditation certificate.
7. Get tested.
8. You will receive your COVID test results issued by a laboratory accredited with ISO 15189 to your email address.
For PCR tests, you will receive your PCR test certificate within the time frame you choose upon booking your COVID test appointment by clicking on the blue button below.
For antigen rapid tests, the test centre will hand-deliver your antigen test certificate issued by the test centre just after your test. You will receive your antigen test certificate issued by their laboratory that is accredited with ISO 15185 within the time frame shown below:
Maximum number of hours to receive your antigen test certificate issued by the ISO 15189 accredited laboratory: 3
If you need a COVID test travel certificate to travel to Singapore you can easily get tested in Barcelona at a testing centre that performs COVID test valid for Singapore. You will get a COVID test certificate valid for Singapore and a copy of the ISO 15189 accreditation certificate of the laboratory that analyzes your test result, which is required to fly to Singapore. It is worth getting tested in Barcelona city centre rather than the airport to ensure you have your required documentation for Singapore in plenty of time before your flight and that you get tested at a testing centre that can issue a COVID test certificate valid for Singapore with the ISO 15189 accreditation certificate of their laboratory. It also means you don’t have to arrive too early at Barcelona Airport and you are not feeling rushed to get your test certificates on time. Sometimes there is a minor error or detail that needs to be corrected on the test certificate and you need enough time to be able to check your certificate details are 100% correct.
COVID-19 travel documentation needed to fly from Barcelona Airport to Singapore
The COVID-19 travel documentation you need to leave Barcelona Airport is basically the COVID-19 travel documentation required to enter Singapore . You do not need to fill out any COVID related form to present to the Spanish Authorities when you leave Spain.
However the staff of your airline might check you have all your COVID-19 travel documentation for Singapore before you board the plane and the Authorities of Singapore will check you have all your COVID-19 travel documentation when you arrive to Singapore so we strongly recommend you check the entry restrictions, the COVID-19 travel documentation and the COVID-19 test requirements for Singapore in advance and that you have all the required travel documents required before heading to Barcelona Airport to take your flight for Singapore.
COVID-19 entry restrictions to Singapore from Barcelona, Spain
You can look up if there are any entry restrictions for travellers from Barcelona, Spain to Singapore on the following official websites:
In addition, we recommend you also check the official website of the airport you’re flying to.
If you fly to Singapore, you can check the official website of Singapore Changi Airport, with code SIN :
and the specific COVID page of Singapore Changi Airport:
Quarantine upon arrival to Singapore from Barcelona, Spain
You can check if a quarantine is required to enter Singapore from Barcelona on the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority Singapore official website.
COVID-19 recommendations in Singapore for travellers to Singapore
You can find the coronavirus recommendations for travellers to Singapore on the Singapore Ministry of Health official website.
COVID-19 situation in Singapore
You can check the COVID-19 situation in Singapore on the Government of Singapore official website.
If you need a PCR test travel certificate to travel to Singapore you can easily get tested in Barcelona at a testing centre that performs COVID test valid for Singapore and that issue COVID test travel certificate valid for Singapore.
COVID-19 travel requirements to enter Spain from Singapore
For flying to Spain from Singapore, we strongly recommend you check the Spanish Health Ministry official website to:
- check the entry requirements for Spain
- learn about the Health Control Form you’ll need to fill out to enter Spain and the Health Control upon arrival to Spain
- look up the valid COVID-19 certificates to enter Spain including certificates of vaccination against COVID-19, certificates of negative COVID tests and certificates of recovery from COVID-19.
You can also check the COVID-19 recommendations of the Spanish Health Authorities on the Spanish Health Ministry official website.
COVID-19 measures at Barcelona Airport for departing flights
You can check the COVID-19 measures in place at Barcelona Airport on the official website of Barcelona Airport.
Once you are on the page, click on the sections indicated below to learn about the COVID-19 measures at the airport:
- the 'Info COVID' button at the top right hand side of the page
- the insert just below that says 'COVID 19 Health Alert. Important Information for each airport'