Q: I have a flight from Barcelona to Amsterdam early in the morning, at around 06:00.
To enter the Netherlands I either need:
- to get a PCR test 72 hours before my flight to Amsterdam and also to get a rapid antigen test 4 hours before my flight or
- get a PCR test 12 hours before my flight to Amsterdam
Where can I get these COVID tests in time for my flight? Is there a laboratory close to Barcelona Airport and if so how do I arrange and book these COVID tests so I can catch my flight without any problems?
A: It is not yet possible to get a PCR test or a rapid antigen test at Barcelona Airport. We don’t know of any laboratory next to Barcelona airport where you could get a rapid antigen test and travel test certificate in time for your flight to Amsterdam.
However, we do know of several laboratories in Barcelona city centre that perform PCR tests for travel and they can deliver your PCR test travel test certificates in 2 to 3 hours or in 24 or 48 hours after you got tested, depending on the results delivery option you select.
We also know of a laboratory in Barcelona that specifically open at night to perform rapid antigen tests for people flying to the Netherlands who need to get an antigen test within a few hours before their flight to Amsterdam. These labs will provide antigen test travel certificates that are ‘FIT-TO-FLY’ in time for your flight.
Finally, we know of laboratories that can deliver rapid antigen test results 15 to 20 minutes after you got your antigen test.
Please make sure to always check the official COVID test requirement page of the Government of the Netherlands to double-check the latest COVID test requirements.
As of 5 May 2021, COVID test requirements for the Netherlands have changed and are the following:
- Presenting a negative PCR test result made within 24 hours before boarding your flight to the Netherlands
- Presenting a negative PCR test result made within 72 hours before you arrive to the Netherlands and a rapid antigen test made within 24 hours before boarding your flight to the Netherlands.
Read on to learn where you can get your PCR test and your rapid antigen before your flight to Amsterdam.
1. Where to get a PCR test in Barcelona to fly to Amsterdam
You'll be able to view the laboratories of Barcelona that perform PCR tests and their results delivery period on the following page:
COVID PCR test in Barcelona: how and where to get tested
On the Barcelona laboratories comparison table provided on the page above you'll be able to see the opening times of each testing center, the price of the PCR tests, the test results delivery period and the location of the laboratory in Barcelona.
Some testing centres can deliver urgent PCR test results within 2 hours, 3 hours or 24 hours after you got tested.
The comparison table will enable you to choose the lab that’s more conveniently located to you depending on where you’re staying in Barcelona.
We have also indicated the opening days and times of the laboratories. Some laboratories are open from Monday to Friday while others are open on Saturday and Sunday and even 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
All the labs we have listed on the page COVID PCR test in Barcelona: how and where to get tested provide FIT-TO-FLY test travel certificates, the travel document you need for aeroplane flights and any other transport means to travel from one country to another.
2. Where to get a rapid antigen test in Barcelona within 24 hours before your flight to the Netherlands
If you fly to Amsterdam, you will need to get a rapid antigen test within 24 hours before your flight.
You'll be able to view the laboratories of Barcelona that perform rapid antigen tests on the following page:
On the page above, you will see that we have provided a comparison table for different testing centres in Barcelona where you can view the opening times of each testing center, the price of the rapid antigen tests, the test results delivery period and the location of the laboratory in Barcelona.
Two laboratories might particularly interest you to get your antigen test result for the Netherlands:
- The medical centre in the Sagrada Familia area of Barcelona that performs rapid antigen test at anytime from Monday to Sunday, including at night and early in the morning. This laboratory delivers rapid antigen test certificates valid for travel to the Netherlands within 20 minutes after you got tested.
- The clinic in Les Corts area of Barcelona that is open from Monday to Sunday and that delivers rapid antigen test certificates valid for travel to the Netherlands within 15 minutes after you got tested.
You can also view more details about these two laboratories from the links below:
Click here for more information about where to get a COVID-19 rapid antigen test in the Sagrada Familia area of Barcelona
3. Where to get a combined rapid antigen test in Barcelona and a PCR test before your flight to Amsterdam
If you choose to get a rapid antigen test and a PCR test before flying from Barcelona to the Netherlands, then we recommend you read the following page:
On the page above, we've provided detailed information about the laboratories of Barcelona that perform antigen and PCR tests separately and that perform combined antigen and PCR tests.