Q: Is there a lab open during the weekend to get a Covid test certificate for Travel in Barcelona ?
A: Yes, there are labs in Barcelona open both Saturday and Sunday during the weekend for you to get your antigen test or your PCR test and obtain your test travel certificate in time for your trip.
At the bottom of the page we provide links to book your antigen test or your PCR test in Barcelona at the weekend. One link is to book your PCR test at a lab on Saturday. The other link is to book your antigen test at a clinic open both on Saturday and Sunday.
Before you get your test for coronavirus we recommend you to check our recommendations below to calculate the earliest and latest time to get your Covid test before your trip and to learn about other factors you should consider when booking your antigen or your PCR test in Barcelona.
1. Check the authorized time period during which you can get tested before your departure or arrival to your country of destination. Check if that period of time is based on your departure time or on your arrival time to your country of destination. Based on that, you can calculate the earliest time you can get tested in Barcelona. So, to be clear, now it is not just the date you need to get right for your Covid test but also the time.
E.g. From the France Diplomacy official website it states that to enter France you need to get a PCR test within the 72 hours prior to your departure time to France while from the Irish government website it states that to enter Ireland you will need to get a PCR test within the 72 hours prior to your arrival time in Ireland.
For a flight departure at 14:00 and an arrival at 16:00, if you travel to France from Barcelona you’ll need to get tested no earlier than 14:00 3 days before.
If, however, you travel to Ireland from Barcelona, which also has an arrival time of 16:00 in Ireland you’ll need to get tested no earlier than 16:00 3 days before your flight.
We’ve heard that authorities can be quite strict on the time and date of your covid test so we strongly recommend you do your calculations right to avoid any stressful situation at the airport.
2. Check the specific test requirements of your country of destination. In some countries like UK, antigen and PCR tests are accepted. When antigen tests are accepted, you might want to take an antigen test to save money as in Barcelona, antigen tests are 2 to 3 times cheaper than PCR tests. The UK also has requirements for the specificity of the Covid test and the labs that we have recommended all meet the required specificity for Covid test travel certificates.
Click here to compare the prices of an antigen test vs a PCR test in Barcelona and to view the specificity of each test on our dedicated page.
3. Check the opening times of the lab where you want to get tested in Barcelona and compare it with the accepted time range for covid tests by your country of destination. Some labs are only open in the morning while some others are open all day long.
The time at which you’ll get tested will be indicated on your test travel certificate so you will want to make sure you won’t get your antigen or PCR test too early in the day.
Click here to check the opening times of private labs for Covid tests in Barcelona on our dedicated page or check below on this page. The laboratories for Covid tests we recommend below on this page are open all day during the week and, in the morning at weekends.
4. Check the test result delivery period of your lab. Some labs of Barcelona deliver the test travel certificate within 48 hours of the test maximum while other offer a 24 hours maximum delivery option after the test. Make your calculations in regards to the latest time you can get tested to get your test travel certificate on time to take your flight.
You might be requested to show your test certificate results before boarding so make sure you have your test results before you head to the airport.
Click here to check to check the PCR test result certificates delivery period of labs in Barcelona on our dedicated page about Covid tests certificates for travel. We have also indicated the delivery period of the test results below on this page.
If your country of destination accepts antigen tests, go to the bottom of this page to book your antigen test and get your test travel certificate delivered 15 minutes after you got tested.
5. If you do not follow our lab recommendations and want to book with a different lab make sure the test certificates of the lab where you want to get your covid test are fit to fly or fit for travel test certificates. Some countries like the UK request fit to fly covid tests that meet certain specificity standards.
The test results of the labs we recommend on our dedicated page and below on this page are fit to fly travel test certificates and we have indicated the specificity of each test.
6. If, after following our recommendations above, you got the confirmation that you need to get your covid test done during the weekend, click on the buttons below to book your antigen test or your PCR test in Barcelona. As explained above, please make sure to check the specific test requirements of your country of destination. Some countries accept antigen tests, while some other countries request PCR tests.
Our recommendations: When to get your Covid-19 test?
We recommend you don’t get your test done exactly 72 hours before your departure or arrival time in your country of destination as in case of a flight delay your test might not be valid anymore.
We recommend you to get your test more than 48 hours before your your departure or arrival time in your country of destination to make sure you’ll receive your test travel certificate on time before taking your flight. Remember that most of the labs deliver the test results within 48 hours maximum after the time you got tested.
If you want to make sure to receive your test travel certificates as quickly as possible, you can book your PCR test from the link below and pay the €30.00 supplement at the lab to get your test results within 24 hours maximum.
Likewise, you can book your antigen test from the link below and get your printed test certificate 15 minutes after your test at the clinic.
How to Get your PCR test done on Saturday
Upon booking you’ll need to select the PCR test in the type of test dropdown menu and the date when you want to receive your booking confirmation. Once you have your booking confirmation you can go to the lab whenever you want during the lab opening hours. Therefore, make sure to calculate the earliest and latest time at which you need your test done and to check the lab opening hours. Then, go to the lab during the time range you need your test done.
Note that it is not possible to arrange in advance a specific time slot for your test at the lab. The lab works on a first come, first served basis so if you arrive at a busy time, you might have to wait.
Lab details :
Metro: Fontana (Green Line, L3)
The exact address of the lab will be indicated on the booking confirmation you'll receive by email once you have made your booking.
PCR test price: €100.00
Test specificity: 99% - Fit to fly
Lab opening hours:
Monday - Friday: 08:00-18:00
You will get your test results online within 48 hours from Monday to Saturday
You can pay a €30.00 supplement at the lab to get your test results online within 24 hours
Upon booking you will receive your booking confirmation together with a medical prescription for your test and an official VAT invoice. If you're a tourist in Barcelona, you might need a medical prescrition and an official VAT invoice to claim a refund to your public or private health insurance back home.
How to get your Antigen test done on Saturday or Sunday in Barcelona
Upon booking you’ll need to select the Antigen Rapid test at the clinic in the type of test drop-down menu and the date and time slot of your test. Make sure to arrive at the clinic at least 5 minutes before your antigen test time slot.
Clinic details :
Address: Carrer Francesc Pérez Cabrero, 19. Barcelona
Antigen test price: €50.00
Test specificity: 97.2% - Fit to fly
Clinic opening hours:
Monday - Friday: 10:00-17:30. (The first antigen test slot is at 10:00 and the last slot is at 17:30).
Saturday - Sunday: 10:00-12:30. (The first antigen test slot is at 10:00 and the last slot is at 12:30).
You will get your printed test travel certificate delivered at the clinic 15 min after you got tested.
Upon booking you will receive your booking confirmation, a medical prescription and an official VAT invoice. If you're a tourist in Barcelona, you might need a medical prescrition and an official VAT invoice to claim a refund to your public or private health insurance back home.