The Attica 21 Barcelona Mar is a 4-star hotel located close to the beach in Barcelona. It offers more affordable prices than some of the adapted alternatives. The hotel bathrooms do not contain a shower, only a bathtub. Its breakfast area is located in the reception - easily accessed via the lift.
For a more general review of the hotel see our hotel review.
Hotel Entrance: Accessibility For The Wheelchair traveller
|Attica 21 Barcelona Mar - Hotel Entrance|
There are no stairs leading to the entrance - there is a ramp with less than a 1 inch lip leading to it. There are two sets of doors at the entrance - a set of automatic double doors followed by a set of manual double doors.
- Width of Ramp to entrance: 140 cm
The Hotel Lift Dimensions
There are two lifts available. The lifts do not provide verbal announcements for stops. The lift buttons have raised numbers.
- Width of the lift doors: 80 cm
- Internal width of the lift: 110 cm
- Internal depth of the lift: 140 cm
Public Areas in the Hotel
The dining area is in the reception area of the hotel - on the ground floor with no steps leading to it.
Facility Measurements For People With A Disability for Guestrooms in the Hotel
There are a total of 2 adapted rooms in the hotel. 1 of these is a double and one is a twin. It is possible to re-arrange the room's furniture on request.
- Width of the bedroom doors: 78 cm
- Widest free space at the side of the bed: 91 cm
- Height of the bed from the floor to the mattress: 51 cm
- Clear space height from the floor to under the bed base: 25 cm
- Height of the clothes rail in the wardrobe: 176 cm
Facility Measurements For People With A Disability For En-suite Bathrooms in the Hotel
Unfortunately, the hotel bathroom only has a bath, no shower. There is a handrail by the toilet. There is no emergency call system in the bathroom.
- Width of the bathroom door: 78 cm
- Width of the widest floor space at the side of the WC: 130 cm
- Length of the floor space in front of the WC: 61 cm
- Height of the toilet seat from the floor: 43 cm
- Height of the bath from the floor: 48 cm
- Height of the rails on the bath: 59 cm
- Height of the sink: 86 cm
- Height from the floor to the bottom of the sink: 72 cm
- Height from the floor to the base of the mirror: 107 cm
All in all, Attica 21 Barcelona Mar Hotel offers average standards for wheelchair users. A lack of shower in the bathroom will perhaps rule it out as an option. You will find the eating area in the lobby area, making it easy to access. Its location, close to Barcelona's wheelchair adapted beach may prove to be an added bonus.
Attica 21 Mar
Carrer Provencals, 10
08019 Barcelona, España.
I have reviewed a number of Barcelona hotels specifically regarded accessibility for wheelchair, tourists with a disability and limited mobility. For an overview of our findings and for links to the other reviews see: A Guide to Hotels with People With A Disability, Wheelchair and Limited Mobility Accessibility in Barcelona.