The Gran Torre Catalunya Hotel Barcelona is located right next to Barcelona Sants Station. It is a huge skyscraper hotel that is often the site of conferences. It has a level access shower in an impressive bathroom.
For a more general review of the hotel see our hotel review.
Hotel Entrance: Accessibility For The Wheelchair traveller
There are a total of eight stairs leading to the entrance. There is also a ramp leading to the entrance. Both the ramp and the stairs have hand rails. There are two sets of rotating doors and two sets of double manual doors.
- Width of ramp to entrance: 110 cm.
The Hotel Lift Dimensions
There are at least four lifts available. The lifts do not provide verbal announcements for stops. The lift buttons have raised numbers.
- Width of the lift doors: 80 cm
- Internal width of the lift: 1315 cm
- Internal depth of the lift: 155 cm
Public Areas in the Hotel
The bar and dining area are located just outside the lift. A ramp is not needed.
Facility Measurements For People With A Disability for Guest rooms in the Hotel
There are a total of 8 adapted rooms in the hotel. They all contain double beds. It is possible to re-arrange the room's furniture on request.
- Width of the bedroom doors: 90 cm
- Widest free space at the side of the bed: 197 cm
- Height of the bed from the floor to the mattress: 55 cm
- Clear space height from the floor to under the bed base: 25 cm
- Height of the clothes rail in the wardrobe: 160 cm
Facility Measurements For People With A Disability For En-suite Bathrooms in the Hotel
The bathroom contains a level access shower. There is a telephone to reception in the bathroom. There is a handrail beside the toilet.
- Width of the bathroom door: 83 cm
- Width of the widest floor space at the side of the WC: 135 cm
- Length of the floor space in front of the WC: 57 cm
- Height of the toilet seat from the floor: 40 cm
- Width of shower door: 83 cm
- Height of the sink: 90 cm
- Height from the floor to the bottom of the sink: 78 cm
- Height from the floor to the base of the mirror: 90 cm
Gran Torre Catalunya Hotel, Barcelona
Avinguda Roma, 2 - 4
08014 Barcelona, España.
Metro: Estació Sants (Green Line, L3) and (Red Line, L1) and (Blue Line, L5)
I have reviewed a number of Barcelona hotels specifically regarded accessibility for wheelchair, tourists with a disability and limited mobility. For an overview of our findings and for links to the other reviews see: A Guide to Hotels with People With A Disability, Wheelchair and Limited Mobility Accessibility in Barcelona.
All in all, Gran Torre Catalunya is an expensive yet attractive option for travellers with a disability. With eight adapted rooms you are likely to find that there is one available. It also has an impressive bathroom with lots of space and a level access shower.