Hotel Paral.lel Barcelona is a two star hotel. In all of our searches it was the only one that we found with reasonable adapted facilities. It has two rooms that they claim are adapted, however, if booking, ensure to ask for room 115 as this is the only one that s truly adapted. Unfortunately, no bathroom has a shower.
For a more general review of the hotel see our hotel review.
There are no stairs leading to the entrance. The entrance is level access. There is one set of double automatic doors at the entrance.
There are at two lifts available. The lifts do not provide verbal announcements for stops. The lift buttons do not have raised numbers.
- Width of the lift doors: 79 cm
- Internal width of the lift: 116 cm
- Internal depth of the lift: 154 cm
The bar and dining area are located on the first floor. They are level access so no ramp is required.
There are a total of 2 adapted rooms in the hotel, however only one of these is truly adapted - I will give the measurements for this one. They all contain twin beds. It is possible to re-arrange the room's furniture on request.
- Width of the bedroom doors: 80 cm
- Widest free space at the side of the bed: 155 cm
- Height of the bed from the floor to the mattress: 50 cm
- Clear space height from the floor to under the bed base: 50 cm
- Height of the clothes rail in the wardrobe: 162 cm
The bathroom does not contain a level access shower. There is no telephone to reception in the bathroom. There is a handrail beside the toilet. There is a bath with handrail.
- Width of the bathroom door: 90 cm
- Width of the widest floor space at the side of the WC: 70 cm
- Length of the floor space in front of the WC: 147 cm
- Height of the toilet seat from the floor: 37 cm
- Height of the bath from the floor: 50 cm
- Height of the rails on the bath: 65 cm
- Height of the sink: 77 cm
- Height from the floor to the bottom of the sink: 60 cm
- Height from the floor to the base of the mirror: 116 cm
If you are booking Hotel Paral.lel ensure that you request room 115 - this is the only truly adapted room in the hotel. Unfortunately, there is no shower in the bathroom. If this is something that you can work with, then Hotel Paral.lel may be an affordable option for you in a city where most adapted hotels are four star superiors.
Carrer Poeta Cabanyes, 5 -7
08004 Barcelona, España.
Metro: Poble Sec (Green Line, L3)
I have reviewed a number of Barcelona hotels specifically regarded accessibility for wheelchair, tourists with a disability and limited mobility. For an overview of our findings and for links to the other reviews see: A Guide to Hotels with People With A Disability, Wheelchair and Limited Mobility Accessibility in Barcelona.