Adapted Facilities At Husa L'Illa Hotel Barcelona for Wheelchair, Tourists with a disability or Limited Mobility
The Husa L'Illa Hotel Barcelona is located in uptown Barcelona, close to the Camp Nou stadium and copious shopping centres. It is a four star hotel with average facilities for wheelchair and scooter users.
For a more general review of the hotel review.
Hotel Entrance: Accessibility For The Wheelchair traveller
There are no stairs leading to the entrance. There are two small ramps leading to two manual single doors.
- Width of ramp at entrance: 109 cm (both ramps are same width).
The Hotel Lift Dimensions
There are four lifts available. The lifts do not provide verbal announcements for stops. The lift buttons have raised numbers.
- Width of the lift doors: 91 cm
- Internal width of the lift: 100 cm
- Internal depth of the lift: 142 cm
Public Areas in the Hotel
The bar and dining area are located just outside the lift. A ramp is not needed.
Facility Measurements For People With A Disability for Guest rooms in the Hotel
There are a total of 2 adapted rooms in the hotel. They are all twin rooms. It is not possible to re-arrange the room's furniture on request.
- Width of the bedroom doors: 100 cm
- Widest free space at the side of the bed: 90 cm
- Height of the bed from the floor to the mattress: 53 cm
- Clear space height from the floor to under the bed base: 10 cm
- Height of the clothes rail in the wardrobe: 161 cm
Facility Measurements For People With A Disability For En-suite Bathrooms in the Hotel
The bathroom does not contain a level access shower. There is no telephone to reception in the bathroom. There is a handrail beside the toilet. There is a bath with handrail.
- Width of the bathroom door: 100 cm
- Width of the widest floor space at the side of the WC: 93 cm
- Length of the floor space in front of the WC: 62 cm
- Height of the toilet seat from the floor: 43 cm
- Height of bath from floor: 52 cm
- Height of grab bar on bath: 62 cm
- Height of sink: 84 cm
- Height from the floor to the bottom of the sink: 69 cm
- Height from the floor to the base of the mirror: 91 cm.
Hotel Husa l'Illa has only two adapted rooms. It also has no level access showers - just baths. This may rule it out for you.
Avinguda Diagonal, 555
08029 Barcelona, España.
Metro: Les Corts (Green Line, L3) 10 minutes walk.
I have reviewed a number of Barcelona hotels specifically regarded accessibility for wheelchair, tourists with a disability and limited mobility. For an overview of our findings and for links to the other reviews see: A Guide to Hotels with People With A Disability, Wheelchair and Limited Mobility Accessibility in Barcelona.