The Husa L'Illa Barcelona is located in uptown Barcelona, close to the Camp Nou stadium and copious shopping centres. It is a four star hotel with average facilities for wheelchair and scooter users.
For a more general review of the hotel review.
There are no stairs leading to the entrance. There are two small ramps leading to two manual single doors.
- Width of ramp at entrance: 109 cm (both ramps are same width).
There are four lifts available. The lifts do not provide verbal announcements for stops. The lift buttons have raised numbers.
- Width of the lift doors: 91 cm
- Internal width of the lift: 100 cm
- Internal depth of the lift: 142 cm
The bar and dining area are located just outside the lift. A ramp is not needed.
There are a total of 2 adapted rooms in the hotel. They are all twin rooms. It is not possible to re-arrange the room's furniture on request.
- Width of the bedroom doors: 100 cm
- Widest free space at the side of the bed: 90 cm
- Height of the bed from the floor to the mattress: 53 cm
- Clear space height from the floor to under the bed base: 10 cm
- Height of the clothes rail in the wardrobe: 161 cm
The bathroom does not contain a level access shower. There is no telephone to reception in the bathroom. There is a handrail beside the toilet. There is a bath with handrail.
- Width of the bathroom door: 100 cm
- Width of the widest floor space at the side of the WC: 93 cm
- Length of the floor space in front of the WC: 62 cm
- Height of the toilet seat from the floor: 43 cm
- Height of bath from floor: 52 cm
- Height of grab bar on bath: 62 cm
- Height of sink: 84 cm
- Height from the floor to the bottom of the sink: 69 cm
- Height from the floor to the base of the mirror: 91 cm.
Hotel Husa l'Illa has only two adapted rooms. It also has no level access showers - just baths. This may rule it out for you.
Hotel Husa Lilla Barcelona
Avinguda Diagonal, 555
Metro: Les Corts (Green Line, L3) 10 minutes walk.
I have reviewed a number of Barcelona hotels specifically regarded accessibility for wheelchair, disabled and limited mobility tourists. For an overview of our findings and for links to the other reviews see: A Guide to Hotels with Disabled, Wheelchair and Limited Mobility Accessibility in Barcelona.