Sants station (also known as Estació Sants or Sants Estació) is one of Barcelona's largest stations. It is often the arrival and departure destination for areas all over Spain and beyond. It offers a luggage storage facility within the station building. The Spanish for left luggage is Consigna.
|Left luggage at Barcelona Sants station|
This page provides details relating to left luggage at Sants station: location, prices, opening times and how to use the service.
On entering the Barcelona Sants building, follow signs for left luggage or Consigna. The baggage storage office is below ground level in the car parking area.
|Left luggage sign at Barcelona Sants|
How the left luggage service works
The left luggage at Barcelona Sants train station is a manned left luggage storage facility that works as described below:
- When you arrive at the left luggage, you will check in your luggage at the drop off counter.
- Your luggage will first be x-rayed and checked through the x-ray monitor by a security agent.
- After that, your luggage will be tagged with a label with a bar code that contains the day and time you left your luggage over the counter and the location of your luggage in the secure storage room where it will be stored. You will be given a receipt that contains the same barcode and that you´ll need to pick up your luggage.
- Your luggage will then be securely stored in a storage room. The storage room is only accessible by the staff of the left luggage and is monitored by a 24 hour closed circuit television system for security reasons and by a security agent.
- When you return to the left luggage to collect your luggage, you will have to present your receipt at the pick up counter. The left luggage staff will scan your receipt, go get your luggage in the storage room for you and the amount corresponding to the duration of use of the service will be automatically calculated by the system of the left luggage.
- You will pay for the service when you pick up your luggage.
Note that the left luggage at Barcelona Sants train station is a manned left luggage facility. With a manned left luggage service, you get a personalized service from the baggage storage staff where the only thing you need to do is dropping off your luggage and picking it up over the counter. It is the staff of the left luggage who will store your luggage in a secure storage room that is only accessible to authorized staff. You do not need to put your luggage into a locker, you do not have to make your luggage fit into a locker, or to have to figure out how the locker works. You simply hand over your luggage to the left luggage staff and when you want to pick it up your luggage is hand-delivered to you. It is not a left luggage with lockers that you can access anytime you need. If you´re looking for a locker left luggage service that you can access anytime you need, then you can learn more about this service by visiting our detailed information page by clicking on the link below.
Type of items that can be stored at the left luggage at Barcelona Sants train station
You can leave any type of luggage at the baggage storage at Barcelona Sants train station. Some examples of items that can be stored include:
- laptop cases
- camera bags and cases
- carry on baggage
- shopping bags
- electric scooters
- ski and snowboard equipment
- aquatic equipment such as surf boards and paddles
Left luggage is open 365 days a year.
Monday - Sunday: 07:00 - 22:00
Left luggage prices per item
Prices per bags, for standard size bags
Standard size bags include: laptop cases, camera bags and cases, carry on baggage, suitcases, bags, backpacks, shopping bags that do not exceed 210cm (= 82.6 in) when adding up width + length + height.
|Duration||Euro rate / bag|
|0 - 2 hours||€6.00|
|From 2 to 24 hours||€10.00|
|From 24 hours to 48 hours||€20.00|
|From 2 days to 7 days||€10.00 / day|
|From 8 days to 14 days||€7.14 / day|
|From 15 days and more||€4.29 / day|
Prices per item, for over size items
Over size items exceed 210cm (= 82.6 in) when adding up width + length + height
Over size items include: ski equipment such as skis and snowboards, aquatic equipment such as surf boards and paddles, etc.
|Duration||Euro rate / bag|
|0 - 2 hours||€9.00|
|From 2 to 24 hours||€15.00|
|From 24 hours to 48 hours||€30.00|
|From 2 days to 7 days||€15.00 / day|
|From 8 days to 14 days||€10.50 / day|
|From 15 days and more||€6.50 / day|
Discounts for multiple items
Following discounts apply when multiple items are left at the left luggage
|Number of items||Discount|
|From 4 - 10||25%|
|From 11 - 15||35%|
|From 16 and more||50%|
Left luggage can be a useful service if you want to explore Barcelona without the burden of carrying around your belongings.
Barcelona Sants station is not the only place in Barcelona with left luggage facilities. See our Guide to Luggage Storage in Barcelona for more options.
Luggage Transfer Service at Barcelona Sants Rail Station
There is also a luggage transfer service operating out of Barcelona Sants. You can learn more about this service by visiting our detailed information page on the link below.
Parking Near Luggage Storage at Barcelona Sants Station (Sants Estació)
Below is a location map showing the car parking facilities near Barcelona Sants Station in Barcelona city centre.
Important Note: Mobile users need to tap twice on the car park icons to go to the detailed pages. The first tap will show the car park name and the second tap will take you to the detailed page.
Carrer d'Arago, 2
Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes, 373 - 385