This page will enable you to arrange a pre-booked taxi transfer from Barcelona Airport / Barcelona Cruise Terminal / Barcelona Sants Railway Station / Girona Airport to your accommodation in Barcelona or outside Barcelona.
We will explain the advantages of pre-booking your taxi transfer, how to book the service and we will also answer the main questions you might have regarding the service.
Please note when we use the word "Transfer" on this page we mean organized transport from one location to another, typically from an airport, cruise terminal or train station to your accommodation.
We have also provided you with links so that you can book all the taxi transfers listed on this page in advance of your trip.
|Your courteous taxi driver holding the door of your pre-booked taxi|
Barcelona taxis are operating as usual and they follow Covid-19 safety measures.
We have provided detailed Covid-19 information regarding Barcelona taxis at the bottom of the page.
Why consider a pre-booked taxi transfer when there are taxis?
Booking a pre-arranged premium taxi transfer will be slightly more expensive than taking a taxi at the taxi rank but there are many advantages of pre-booking your taxi transfer as follows:
- The transfer will be arranged in advance of your trip so that you know that upon arrival everything is already arranged to get to your destination, it brings you peace of mind.
- Before Covid-19: A taxi driver will be waiting for you in your Arrival Hall at the airport / at the train station / at your disembarking gate with a sign with your name on it. You won’t have to find your way into the airport / cruise terminal / railway station to the taxi rank or to wait in line at the taxi rank in the cold or the heat.
There usually are taxis at the Airport / Railway Station / Cruise Terminal but depending on the day and arrival time, lines at the taxi stop can be long or you might have to wait for taxis to arrive.
- If you arrive at the airport, the taxi driver will monitor your flight arrival time and will wait for you up to 60 minutes after your flight has landed.
If you arrive at the cruise terminal, the taxi driver will wait for you up to 30 minutes after the disembarking time or the pick up time you indicate in your booking request.
If you arrive at Barcelona Sants railway station the taxi driver will wait for you up to 30 minutes after the train scheduled arrival time.
- The taxi driver will already have your destination details, so you won’t have to worry about pronouncing your destination the right way in Spanish or being taken to the wrong place. Also, the taxi driver speaks basic English and will reconfirm your destination details before taking you to your destination.
- The taxi driver will assist with your luggage, however note that this is not a luggage porterage service. The taxi driver will kindly assist you with 1 or 2 suitcases but won’t be able to assist you with all your luggage.
|Your taxi driver assisting with your luggage at Barcelona Airport|
- The taxi will be in excellent conditions: the car will be less than 5 years old and will be perfectly clean.
- The transfers are primarily provided with Mercedes E class vehicles. However note that Mercedes E Class vehicles are only 100% guaranteed if you choose a Mercedes E Class vehicle. There are good chances that the transfer will be in a Mercedes E class vehicle as 90% of the taxi fleet is made of Mercedes vehicles but if you book a Standard Sedan or a Station Wagon a Mercedes E class vehicle is not 100% guaranteed.
- The taxi company that provides pre-booked taxi transfers requires its taxi drivers to be kind and courteous, to wear a shirt and a tie (the tie is not compulsory in summer). Smoking in the car is forbidden and the drivers must keep the volume of the radio low. The taxi company aims to provide premium transfers and its taxi drivers represent the image of quality of the company.
- Complimentary WIFI and bottles of water on board.
- The price of the transfer will be shown upon booking and you will pay the indicated price online. You won’t have to pay anything extra to the driver, which means there won’t be any surprises with the price. If you take a non pre-booked taxi, besides of not knowing in advance the price of the ride, you will also have to pay an extra for your luggage.
- Upon booking you will be able to order infant seats (0-18 months / up to 13 kg), child seats (1-5 years old / 25 kg) and/or booster seats (5-8 years old / up to 30 kg). You won’t find any taxi at the taxi stop at the airport that has infant, child or booster seats.
- Upon booking you will be able to select the number of people and suitcases. A taxi where your party and suitcases fit will be confirmed accordingly so you don’t have to travel in separate taxis. The vehicles can fit up to 12 people and 12 suitcases.
- A 24/7 customer helpline is included with the service. It means that in the unlikely case you have any issue or complaint related to the service, a Customer Support Phone Number and Email is available. A qualified Customer Support agent will address your concern over the phone or by email, in English, Spanish or Catalan. If you have any issue with a random taxi, you wouldn’t know where to place a complaint.
What are the destinations covered with a pre-booked taxi transfer?
Advanced booked taxi transfers are available from/to the following locations:
- Barcelona Airport
- Barcelona Cruise Terminal
- Barcelona Sants Railway Station
- Girona Airport
- La Roca Village Outlet, PortAventura
- Golf courses in Catalunya
- Barcelona, Sabadell , Girona , Lleida , Tarragona, Sitges, Costa Brava, Costa Dorada, Montserrat, Andorra and the South of France.
You can also pre-book a taxi to visit Barcelona with a taxi and a taxi driver at disposal or for a day trip outside the city to Montserrat, the Penedés area, etc. See the booking links given below to make your taxi booking online.
Rates & Transfer duration
Barcelona airport from/to Barcelona City:
from 38€/43€ depending on the pick up time. Duration: 35 minutes approximately.
Barcelona airport from/to Barcelona Cruise Port:
from 38€/43€ depending on the pick up time. Duration: 20 minutes approximately.
Barcelona airport from/to Badalona, Sabadell, Terrassa:
from 38€/43€ depending on the pick up time. Duration: 45 minutes approximately.
Barcelona airport from/to Sitges: from 75€. Duration: 35 minutes approximately.
Barcelona airport from/to Salou or Port Aventura:
from 180€. Duration: 1 hour and 15 minutes approximately.
Barcelona airport from/to Costa Brava (Platja d’Aro, Begur, Pals, Lloret, Blanes): from 160€. Duration: 1 hour and 30 minutes approximately.
How much time in advance should you arrange your pre-booked taxi transfer?
You can book your taxi ride in Barcelona up to 30 minutes before. However if you require an infant seat, a child seat or a booster seat, make sure to book your taxi ride more than 1 hour before the requested pick up time. Pre-booked taxi transfers are the only transfers that you can arrange in advance that can be booked last minute.
How to book your pre-arranged taxi transfer?
You can book your pre-arranged taxi transfer online from/to Barcelona Airport using the links below. You will be redirected to the booking website of the taxi company. Fill out the requested fields and proceed to check out. When you fill out the booking form make sure to type a valid email address and mobile phone number. You will then receive an email instantaneously with your booking confirmation, the instructions to find your driver at the airport, and the email and phone number of the taxi company in case you need to contact them. You won’t need to print out your booking confirmation to show it to the driver – stating your name to the driver is enough- however make sure to keep your booking confirmation in your inbox so that you have all the important information at hand before your pre-arranged taxi ride. You will receive a second email with your invoice. You will also receive a text message to your phone number with your booking details.
Booking links to make your online advance taxi reservations
How will you find your driver?
If you arrive at Barcelona airport or at Girona airport, your taxi driver will be waiting for you in your Arrival Hall with a sign with your name on it.
|Your taxi driver waiting at Barcelona Airport with a sign with your name on it|
If you arrive at Barcelona Sants Railway Station, your taxi driver will be waiting for you at the main exit of the Railway station near the McDonalds with a sign with your name on it.
If you arrive at Barcelona Cruise Terminal, your taxi driver will be waiting for you at your disembarking gate with a sign with your name on it.
If you are disembarking from the cruises Allure of the Seas or Harmony of the Seas, there will be two different disembarking gates. Ensure to give your disembarking gate upon booking or if you do not have the details when booking, make sure to send an email to the taxi company afterwards. The email address will be provided in your booking confirmation.
What if you arrive late?
At the airport, your taxi driver will wait for you up to 60 minutes after your flight has landed. The taxi driver will monitor your flight arrival time so you don’t have to worry in case your flight is late. The waiting time starts from the flight landing time.
At the cruise terminal, your taxi driver will wait for you up to 30 minutes after the disembarking or requested pick up time you will indicate in your booking details.
At the railway station, your taxi driver will wait for you up to 30 minutes after your train scheduled arrival time.
In case you are late for any reason, call the taxi company helpline number that will be indicated in your booking confirmation.
At the airport, in case a member of your party loses a suitcase, call the taxi company helpline or have someone from your party meet the driver in the Arrival Hall to inform him of the delay.
What is the cancellation policy?
If you book a taxi for up to 6 people you can modify or cancel your booking for free up to 1 hour before the scheduled pick up time.
If you book a larger vehicle for more than 6 people such as a minibus or a bus you can modify or cancel your booking for free up to 12 hours before the scheduled pick up time.
You will need to send an email to the email address indicated on your booking confirmation or to call the telephone number indicated on your booking confirmation to request the modification or the cancellation.
Modifications or cancellations by email are only possible from Monday to Friday, from 09:00 to 18:00. The cancellations by phone are possible 24/7.
Cancellations requested within the allowed period will be refunded in full to your credit card.
Additional services available with a pre-booked taxi transfer
Upon booking you pre-arranged taxi transfer you will be able to select additional services:
- Baggage drop: If you need to go directly from the airport / railway station to a meeting or to a specific location and you do not want to carry your luggage with you, you can select the Baggage drop option upon booking. The taxi driver will drop you off at your desired drop off location and will then deliver your luggage at your hotel or apartment. When booking your taxi transfer use the drop off field to add your drop off location, select the Baggage drop option and add theBaggage drop location in the comments field of the booking form. The taxi driver will drop off your luggage at the requested location just after he will drop you off. It is not possible to schedule a Baggage drop time therefore if your luggage needs to be dropped off at an apartment, someone will need to be there to receive your luggage.
- Additional stop: If you need extra stops along the way from the airport to your accommodation you can select the Additional stop option upon booking. This can be useful for parties that want to share the taxi ride but are staying at different accommodations. The taxi can do up to 8 different stops between the airport and your accommodation.
- Eco taxi: If you are looking for an eco-friendly transfer, this is the option for you. Eco taxi rides are done in hybrid cars, typically Toyota Prius Plus vehicles. You will be able to select the eco taxi option when choosing your vehicle type upon booking.
Upon booking you will be able to select the number of pieces of luggage you will be traveling with and the vehicle that can fit that number of pieces of luggage. The number of pieces of luggage that fit in each vehicle will be clearly indicated upon booking.
Make sure to indicate the right number of pieces of luggage and to select a vehicle that can fit the number of pieces of luggage.
Remember that you can always modify your booking free of charge later in case you have more or less pieces of luggage that what you indicated upon booking.
The standard size for luggage is 46x69x29cms.
If you have hand luggage, each 3 hand suitcases count as 2 standard suitcases.
If you have a foldable trolley, each foldable trolley counts as 1 standard suitcase.
In case of any doubt in regards to your luggage make your booking and send an email to the taxi company to double check your luggage calculation is correct.
If you arrive at the airport with more luggage than what you indicated upon booking, the extra luggage might not fit in the pre-booked taxi and you might have to take an additional taxi at the taxi rank of the airport.
Note that it is strictly forbidden by law to travel with suitcases inside the passenger compartment of a taxi, all luggage must be placed in the taxi boot. The taxi driver won’t be able to accept any additional luggage in the passenger compartment if it doesn’t fit in the boot.
What if there is a taxi strike?
The taxi company will make its best to provide the transfers in private black cars or minibuses but depending on the type of taxi strike, the taxi company might need to cancel the transfers for the safety of its taxi drivers and your own safety. If this were to happen, you will be informed by the taxi company and you will be fully refunded.
If you were to book a transfer service during a known taxi strike period we recommend that you book a private transfer using the link below as a private transfer is provided in a private black car, not in a taxi.
Private transfers must be booked at least 24 hours prior to the transfer date and that private transfers may be affected by road closures resulting from a taxi strike.
Shared Shuttle bus transfers
The taxi transfer service detailed above is a private premium service. If, however, you are interested in a cheaper service such as a shuttle transfer to your accommodation, where you share a shuttle bus with other passengers, then follow the link below.
Note that a shuttle transfer will be cheaper if you are a party of 2 or less. From 3 people, a taxi transfer is cheaper than a shuttle transfer.
Covid-19 update for new meeting point at Barcelona Airport
Terminal 1 new meeting point: At this time only passengers can enter Barcelona Airport. Taxi drivers are currently not allowed to enter into the Arrivals Halls as they normally do due to Covid-19 safety measures impossed by the airport. For arrivals at Barcelona Airport T1, the taxi driver will therefore now be waiting for you with a sign with your name on it outside of Terminal 1 at the foot of the taxi ramp - just follow the sign for Taxis and exit T1 and go down the escalator ramp. The driver will be at the foot of the ramp outside Terminal 1. During this time, you would therefore need to carry your own baggage to the new meeting point but the taxi driver will be able to assist you with luggage from then on.
Terminal 2 new meeting point: For arrivals at Barcelona Airport T2, the taxi driver will be waiting for you with a sign with your name on it outside the terminal, at the exit door located in front of the luggage claim area.
What are the Covid-19 safety measures on a pre-booked taxi transfer?
Wearing a face mask is compulsory in Barcelona. The taxi driver will wear a face mask and you will need to wear a face mask too.
The cars are also thoroughly sanitized by the taxi drivers after each transfer.
Taxi drivers are not allowed to enter the Arrival Hall of Barcelona Airport as a Covid-19 safety measure. For arrivals at Barcelona Airport T1, the taxi driver will be waiting for you with a sign with your name on it at the taxi ramp of T1. For arrivals at Barcelona Airport T2, the taxi driver will be waiting for you with a sign with your name on it outside the terminal, at the exit door located in front of the luggage claim area.